I hope this post finds everyone well. As most of you know I am going abroad for a semester with the International Honors Program (IHP). This semester I will be visiting Switzerland, India, China and South Africa to learn about their health care systems. There are 34 students in the program from universities all over the United States. While we are abroad we will be staying in hostels, dorms and home stays. This program does not allow us to bring computers so all of my school work will be done by hand. In each country we get to do a case study which includes field work. Although I am very excited I am also very nervous. I have received all my visas, vaccinations and pills and am almost done packing my one suitcase I am allowed to bring.
I will try to post on this blog as much as I can throughout the semester however my internet access may be limited in some places. I would really love to hear from everyone throughout the semester. Please keep me updated on your life, even if it is just a short e-mail! I am going to start using my g-mail account so e-mails can be sent to barbarappetersen@gmail.com (note the extra "p" for my middle name and the sen!) or barbara_petersen@brown.edu.
I can also receive letters (but not packages) at the following addresses:
Switzerland - Saturday January 17th to Tuesday January 27th
Barbara Petersen
IHP c/o Geneva Youth Hostel
28-30, rue de Rotschild
1202 Geneva - Switzerland
India - Wednesday January 28th to Thursday March 5th
Barbara Petersen
IHP c/o Environmental Support Group
105 East End "B" Main Road
9th Block, Jayanagar
Bangalore, 560069 INDIA
China - Friday March 6th to Friday April 3rd
Barbara Petersen c/o Li Xinhua
International Exchange and Cooperation Office
Central South University
Changsha, Hunan 410083
People's Republic of China
South Africa - Saturday April 4th to Thursday May 7th
IHP c/o Chris Colvin and Natalie Leon
For: Barbara Petersen
7 Alfred Street
Observatory 7925
Cape Town, South Africa
Well, I guess that is all for now! I can't believe I am leaving in just 4 days!
love,
Barbara
This looks great!
ReplyDeleteThanks for doing this. I can't wait to hear about your semester!
ReplyDeletehave fun barbara! love, katie
ReplyDeleteWhile you explore the world, I'm exploring this new technology! Thank you for including us in your adventures.
ReplyDeleteSafe & exciting journeys to you!
Have Fun! You make me smile.
ReplyDeleteHope you are having fun!
ReplyDelete